Saturday, February 5, 2011

GOD PROVIDES FOR HIS PEOPLE

Once again, tonight, I've been having somewhat of a difficult time deciding what I would blog about. Some days, my topic is on my heart throughout the day, other days are like today.

I have committed to praying every single day for Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords total and complete recovery. As the days have passed by, it has evolved into praying for many things, spanning many topics.

I love to pray. I love spending time with my Creator and Savior. And yes, while I am in constant prayer in spirit most days, I still like to have this committed time of focus.

I've actually started this blog post/prayer earlier in the evening, and deleted what I had written. It just didn't seem like what God wanted me to pray about publicly.

My husband and I usually enjoy time alone each evening, after the kids have gone to bed, catching up with each other, as well as discussing the news of the day. My husband just read an interesting post from a prophecy bulletin board that we both frequent. I knew immediately that this is what I was to pray about.

In fact, today's post/prayer is another praise. Once again, I am in complete and total awe of God Almighty. Of course, what I know is the direct hand of God Almighty, many- those who scoff- will say it's just coincidence. Such is life. Not all will believe when the obvious is directly in front of them. I cannot change their beliefs. All I can do is pray that somehow, someway, their eyes will be opened.

As I have discussed in previous posts, I am very interested and intrigued by Bible prophecy. Each day I watch the news and read articles through the scope of God's timetable- Israel. The Bible says that one day, all the world will turn against Israel. As a nation, the United States is well on that road. God also says in His Word in Genesis 12:3 that all blessings and curses are given according to how Israel is treated.

Many have become bitter over the fact that Israel is God's chosen people. I believe many, in fact, deny Israel because they deny God. It becomes a spiral of unbelief, hate, bitterness, and many other emotions all wrapped into one and overlapping.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord God Almighty. And that means that we will stand with Israel and bless her until our dying breath.

I've gotten a bit off track from my original thoughts.

As I have said, I know through God's Word that all people will be blessed or cursed depending on how they treat Israel. We are fast seeing the entire world, as a whole, turn its back on Israel. She is God's chosen people. The world may not like it, but it is what it is.

This other post that I mentioned made an interesting observation. Isn't it amazing how just a short time ago oil was discovered off the coast of Israel? The supply that was found is enough to supply the people of Israel for many years- a hundred or so, if I'm not mistaken.

Interestingly enough, just today, the main oil pipeline supplying oil from Egypt to Israel exploded today.

If this supply had not been found, Israel would have no access to oil.

Hmmmmm... God Almighty always takes care of His people. He knew what was going to happen from the beginning of time. Don't you find it just a bit interesting how all of these years have passed, and it wasn't until very recently that this oil was discovered?

Ahhhh, yes.... I know... just coincidence- right?

I know otherwise. I know God Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, provided for His people. All glory and honor be to You, Jesus!

I praise Your Holy Name, Jesus! Thank You for providing for Your people in this miraculous way. I pray that You will use this to reach the hearts of those who still refuse to believe in You. Soften their hearts and open their eyes so they will come to know You. I know that You are not willing that any should perish. I know that You are performing many miracles to make Yourself known to all men. One day, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that You, Jesus Christ, are Lord. (Philippians 2:9-11) I pray that many knees will bow before you that would have not otherwise because they see Truth in Your miracles.

I continue to pray for Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. I pray that each day that passes, she will become stronger and healthier. I saw the press conference with her husband, Mark Kelly, as he made the announcement that he would indeed be commanding the last space mission. He said that he was prepared by the doctor's from the very beginning that they would have days where she would get worse before she would get better. He said there has never been a day of setbacks. All praise be to You, King Jesus! I pray that You will continue to strengthen her and heal her. I pray that she will be restored completely.

I pray all of these things in the Holy Name of Jesus- Amen.

No comments: