Friday, February 4, 2011

A LITTLE GOOD NEWS

Since I originally started this blog to pray for and track the progress of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, I am dedicating today's blog post to her husband, Mark Kelly.

If you have followed this story at all, you know that Mr. Kelly is an astronaut with NASA, and has been scheduled to command the last space mission this April.

After his wife was shot last month he was undecided as to whether or not he would make the final trip in April. I have been in continuous prayer for both of them since the beginning if this tragedy. There are so many factors that are involved in making the smallest decisions in a situation like this, much less a major decision. I know it was not an easy situation that he was put in.


I was so glad to hear today that yes, indeed, Mark Kelly will be commanding the final space mission. I'm heartsick that this will be this country's last mission into space, and I strongly believe this is a mistake, on our administration's part, to end the Space Program. I truly believe our country is going to regret this.

However, to know that Mr. Kelly has the honor to command this historic mission is good news to me, knowing the stressful month he has had. I am quite sure his beautiful wife is very supportive of his decision. While I do not know her personally, the little I do know about her makes me firmly believe she would be upset with him if he did not go on this final mission.

So today, in the midst of the turmoil on our home front, as well as the rest of the world, I'm happy to be able to celebrate a little good news today.

I continue to pray for Ms. Giffords complete recovery. Her life truly is a miracle! I continue to pray for Mr. Kelly, as he makes preparations for his final mission. May God bless them and keep them both!

I also continue to pray for this nation. I pray that blinded eyes will be opened and hardened hearts will be softened.

I pray these things in Jesus Name- Amen.

No comments: