Thursday, February 3, 2011

A BURDENSOME STONE

As each day passes and more and more prophecy unfolds before our very eyes, there are times my breath is almost taken away.

These are indeed very exciting times, if you know Christ Jesus. For the scoffers and unbelievers, I'm sure the times are quite fearful.

Let me clarify this by saying no, I am not excited about the turmoil in the Middle East. I do not like violence going on anywhere. And yes, there is a slight reservation of apprehension of what all this is going to lead to in our very immediate future.

What I mean by the times being exciting that we are living in is that I never in a million years would have imagined that I would see prophecy unfolding so "perfectly" during my lifetime.

What I am finding difficult to do during these perilous times is how to adjust to the conflicting emotions.

I've read the end of the book. While I am by no means a Biblical scholar, I know what happens in the end.  And while I know the end is gloriously triumphant, the time between now and the end is far from glorious. In fact, The Bible says in Matthew 24:21-22:

"For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.
If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.'

In other words, things will get so bad- worse than they've ever been before in history- that if God Almighty, by His divine power, does not shorten the days, no one will survive.

As each day plays out, we move closer and closer to this reality. I'm sure it seems morbid to some... those who do not know and believe.

God's Timepiece is the people of Israel. If you want to see how close we are to the actual culmination of events that are defined as the most distressful events of all time, watch Israel. Zechariah 12:3:
"And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it."


Another translation (New International Version- NIV) of this verse is:

"On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves."

While I'm sure I've read this translation before today, as I read it now, writing this blog, another surge of excitement courses through my veins. Yes, the whole earth will be burdened by Israel. All the earth will gather against her. Anyone- ALL- who seek to destroy her will in turn be destroyed.

Israel is in a very precarious situation right now. They are literally sandwiched between two different sides of evil. What most of the world does not realize- if you do not believe that The Bible is God's Holy Word- which Is Truth- is that Israel will be Supernaturally protected by the hand of God Almighty.

I won't go into the specific prophecies in this blog, because I'm already a bit scattered tonight. It's a very strange emotion, sight and experience to be a witness to this first hand. Once again, I think on John, Isaiah, and the other prophets that saw these things in their visions. To experience it in our time is amazing enough. To have seen it before there were words to adequately understand what you are seeing must have been absolutely amazing!

My heart literally aches for Israel, and the world as well, knowing what is coming in the future. My constant prayer is that blind eyes will be opened, hardened hearts will be softened, and many will come to know the salvation of Christ Jesus. I pray for those who believe the delusion that is already falling on many. Many more will follow, and blindly believe this delusion.

But God is not willing that any should perish. If you are a scoffer, I challenge you to seek Truth. I can't make you see it. But if you want to know Truth- He- Jesus Christ- The Way, The Truth, and The Life- will reveal Himself to you. You are in my constant prayers, unbelievers of this world.

As always, I continue to pray for Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly. I never imagined that God would use this tragic event to draw me into a vigil of constant prayer for this couple. I truly believe God is using this tragedy in many ways for His glory. All glory and honor be to You, King Jesus.

I pray all these things in the holy Name of Jesus Christ- Amen.

No comments: