Saturday, February 12, 2011

ANOTHER SATURDAY

Another Saturday. Another week. Another "anniversary". Another milestone.

Just five weeks ago our country was hit with another tragedy. A member of Congress was shot while out and about, meeting the public she represents.

That event was the catalyst that created this prayer blog.

I could have never imagined just 5 weeks ago, as I sat watching the news that entire weekend, the miracle that God would be performing in the life of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.

In the first moments after the tragedy, it was reported that she had died. This literally took my breath away, even though I was not at all familiar with who she was. Thankfully, she did not die, she was rushed into surgery, and her life was saved. Now, she is in extensive rehab.

I continue to pray daily for her full recovery. I have said numerous times I cannot wait to see her walk onto the floor of Congress once again! I know she will receive a standing ovation from her colleagues on Capital Hill, and I'm sure all of America will be giving her a standing ovation as well.

Another Saturday. Lord, I pray that You will continue to heal Congresswoman Giffords. She truly is a miracle. I pray these things in Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments: