Tuesday, February 8, 2011

SING UNTO THE LORD A NEW SONG

This afternoon I received a tweet that changed my day!

What started out as a very unbelievably angering day ended in a much different way than it began.

I was angry and very frustrated this morning to read in the news that here in my beloved Texas- in fact, the town that is immediately next to my brother's town, was going to pass a law mandating that students take Arabic.

I received messages asking why it bothered me so bad. The implied message to me was that it is wrong, or racist of me to not like this.

If Arabic was going to be OFFERED to students, I would BY ALL MEANS be for it! Number one, education of ANY kind is positive, I believe. One MAJOR benefit I can see from offering Arabic in our schools is that it would open the door for military careers that would be out of this world!

My problem with this is that it was going to be a REQUIREMENT!

Now, if you notice, I said was. Thankfuly, this school district is re-thinking this, and now are saying it will probably never happen. What it came down to was a grant that required this if the money was received. So, once again- greed- the love of money- is the root of this. And yes, I do believe it is evil. It is just another freedom that is being slowly eroded. MY choices for the education of MY children!

I will not waste time and space here, today, rehashing more of my views and what happened in this story. Tonight, I am singing a NEW song unto the Lord. Thank You, Jesus! We stood up- the citizens of The Republic of Texas, as well as many other citizens of this country- and would not just let this happen without a huge fight. I am indeed singing a song of praise to The Lord.

Another BIG story that came out today goes back to the reason why this prayer blog was started. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. I was sent a tweet from someone about some AMAZING news regarding Ms. Giffords today. This tweet is TRULY a reason to rejoice in The Lord! This news indeed makes me sing a new song unto The Lord!

And what is this amazingly wonderful news? Mark Kelly, Ms. Giffords husband, came out and said that soon she will stand! Now, it's just over a month since Congresswoman Giffords was shot in the head and it was reported that she had died. My heart sank that day, and at the time I had no clue who Ms. Giffords was. As I sat watching the events unfold that day, and the next day, when this blog came into being, the emotions that invaded my heart and soul were overwhelming. I committed to pray every single day for Ms. Giffords until she walks back onto the floor of Congress.

The odds have been against Ms. Giffords from the beginning. Mr. Kelly said in one of his interviews that the doctor's prepared him for major setbacks in her condition the first few days. She never had a single setback! The odds may have been against her, but we serve God Almighty! Without a doubt, I believe that God has performed, and continues to perform a miracle through the life of Congresswoman Giffords.

Today, I am singing unto The Lord a new song! Sing unto The Lord all the earth! All praise and glory and honor goes to You, King Jesus! You are The Author and Finisher of ALL things! You are The Creator that lovingly created all that there is. You are the sacrificial Lamb that takes away the sins of the world. Thank You, my Lord and Savior. I am singing unto You a new song of praise!

No comments: