Saturday, January 29, 2011

THE WORLD TURNED UPSIDE DOWN

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter."  Isaiah 5:20

For the last several years, the Scripture above is one that I quote almost on a daily basis. Nearly every day there is an issue and/or news article that this can be applied to.

Simply put, woe is translated to grief, distress or trouble.

We have become a society where the simple basics that I grew up knowing and believing are now looked on by many as weird, odd, or wrong.

Once upon a time, when someone did something wrong, there was shame and remorse for their actions. Now, pride has replaced the same and remorse.


One thing that has been commented on time and time again regarding Jared Lee Loughner, the man that shot Congresswoman Giffords and many other innocent people 3 weeks ago today, is how he shows no remorse. When he has appeared in court he smiles. Many have described his smile as evil. It has been said he still shows no sign of remorse. When you see his mug shot, you see nothing but blackness- pure evil- in his eyes.

There is a 10-year-old boy that shot his step-mother, who was pregnant. He picked up the shotgun shell, disposed of it, and left the house to go to school. Looking at the picture of him, I also see nothing but evil. His yes are pitch black, showing no emotion at all.

Women now have the "legal right" in this country to take the life of their child if they do not want to be bothered with it. They say it is their body, they have the "right" of what happens. What about the man that helped to create that child? While yes, many men do not want the responsibility for their actions as well, there are men who have had their unborn children murdered by the mother because she had the "legal right" because it was her body that carried the child. The man had no choice or say in the decision.

I was sexually assaulted at 14-years-old. I was advised that if I were pregnant I should get an abortion. I was so clueless at this age to what the reality of sex was, much less the reality of what could have happened. However, I was repulsed by the very idea that if this violent act had resulted in life, I would then commit a violent act by killing my child. It would still be part of me.

Now, even those I stauncly oppose abortion, and a survivor of sexual assault, I am in a unique position where I can speak from experience. Thankfully, my assault did not result in pregnancy, so I did not have to make that decision. However, I know that I would not have aborted my child if I had been pregnant.

I cannot judge anyone who has had an abortion,though I am strongly against it. Their sin is wrong just as any sin that I commit is wrong. But God is the only One Who can judge any of us.

I know that it is hard to face yourself in the mirror and face the fact of things you've done wrong. It was devastating to me, when I finally did this. However, as devastating as it was, it was also very free-ing.

We have become a society where the criminal has more "legal rights" than the victim of the crime. Just as the two murderers I mentioned above, there are people who will argue that the 10-year-old is a child, he didn't know what he was doing. He obviously knew what he was doing- he tried to cover up what he did! And he still shows no remorse!

There are many who will say Jared Lee Loughner should not pay for his crimes with the death penalty. His rights will be violated. He didn't care about the rights of those whose life he took and changed by shooting them. He shows no remorse. He knew what he was doing. He did his research.

America, how can we expect God to bless this nation when we have turned our back on Him and His ways? We act like the spoiled children our society has become by expecting goodness and blessings when we do not serve Him.

This nation was founded by Divine Providence. God's blessings have been the abiding Force that set us apart as a nation. Now, as a nation, we have allowed God to be removed from every facet of society, and we wonder why our world has turned upside down?

American, turn back to God! I plead with you! It's not easy to admit where you've gone wrong, but there is freedom beyond your wildest imagination! Repent, and turn from your sins, America! God WILL heal our world that is turned upside down! Our grief, distress and trouble abounds because we have called justice inhumane. We suffer as a nation because we have become spoiled and selfish, lovers of ourselves rather than others!

Even in the midst of tragedy there are hateful words hurled across political lines and accusations to who "caused" this. The one who CAUSED this is the evil man that pulled the trigger- Jared Lee Loughner! I continue to pray for his soul.

I continue to pray for Congresswoman Giffords. I would never have imagined 3 weeks ago as I was glued to the TV that she would already be in rehab! All glory and honor be to God Almighty! I am so thankful that He has heard our prayers! May He continue to restore her and her husband. Give them the rest and comfort and healing that is essential in all areas of their lives- physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.

I pray these things in the holy Name of Jesus- Amen.

No comments: