Thursday, March 10, 2011

WHAT IS BEING ACCOMPLISHED?

I am a very active member of twitter. For me, it is my "outlet" to be informed on the goings-on of the world and connect with like minded people. There are many people that enjoy the heavy debate of those on the other side of the political aisle. I cannot say that. Yes, I most definitely like to hear other views, but unless they are debating the issues with common sense they have absolutely no chance of swaying my view on things. There are many things I am rock solid on in my beliefs and will not change. Other things I am not so rock solid on, and maybe my views can be changed if common sense is used in the debate. There are also things that I know absolutely nothing about, so learning different views helps me to come to my own decision on how I feel about it.

There have been many people to seek me out, arguing against this tweet or that tweet that I've sent out. There has only been one person out of any of those who I have actually become friends with. There have been a couple of people that I was able to basically agree to disagree with, and go our separate ways. Unfortunately, most of the time I just end up ignoring them, or if that doesn't work, and they persist, I block them. I just do not have the time or patience to deal with someone who refuses to accept that I have different views than they do. Hey, you have the right to your own opinions and feelings, as do I. I do not try to change your opinions and feelings, stop trying to change mine unless you want to have a sensible conversation built on common sense.

But again, to reiterate my main point, my time on twitter is to connect with like-minded people.

I am a Christian, Conservative, wife, mom of 5 children. I am a very busy woman. I have enough drama from my 9-year-old daughter at home, in real life. I DO NOT enjoy her drama, therefore, I enjoy online drama even less.

There is an on-going online feud between a group of Conservatives that is getting out of hand. I will not call out names, although anyone who reads this will likely know what I am referring to. I have kept completely out of the goings on because I do not know the truth. I do not know any of these people personally, I only know them online. I am "friends and followers" of people on both sides of the argument. I have read blogs, articles, tweets, etc. from both sides of the argument. From what I have read, I have come to my own conclusions on things. What are my conclusions? Well, that's actually not important at all.

Yesterday someone sent a tweet basically asking that everyone go their separate ways and let this all die down. I re-tweeted it, and said I wish I could retweet it a million times over!

My question in all of this is what exactly is being accomplished by airing their dirty laundry in public every single day? This is for both sides. The fact of the matter is this: whether or not one person has 10 accounts playing 10 different people is really irrelevant. Quite honestly, you do not know that I do not have 10 different accounts, playing 10 different people. (Hmmm... where in the world would I FIND the TIME....???) Unless we know someone in the real world we can never say we know them- and even if we DO know them in the real world we are not guaranteed that we will actually know the person.

We have SO MUCH going on in our nation, again, I have to ask, what is being accomplished by the personal attacks every single day? If this is what makes your world go on, then so be it.

I have resisted in saying anything at all up to this point. I have not unfollowed anyone over this. It has been my hope that they would all come to some sort of solution to maybe just let things be and move on. As the saying goes, there's 3 sides to every story. Each person has their side, and then there's the truth. I do not know the truth for certain, and in reality, it is not going to change things in our nation. I plead with all parties involved to let go of all this hatred and let God heal the wounds. Please. If not for your sake, for all the other people who are your online friends.

Lord God, I pray for all who are involved in this online feud. I pray that the personal attacks will stop. I pray that all lies will stop. Please be the Healer of all wounds to all involved. If there are truths that need to be revealed please shine Your Light of Truth on everything. If the facts are not going to resolve the matter I pray that things will be allowed to just settle down and everyone go their separate ways. Lord God, we have REAL issues in this country that are becoming more and more important every day. Please help all who are involved in this focus their energy on doing what is right and good for You, themselves, and this nation.

As I do each day, I pray for Congresswoman Giffords. Continue to heal her and bless her life.

I also pray for our President. I pray that he will humble himself before You, Lord God.

I pray all of these things in Jesus Name- Amen.

No comments: