Monday, March 7, 2011

SADNESS AND ANGER

I am unapologetically pro-life. As a mom of five children who my husband and I CHOSE to adopt, we are living proof that every single life has a purpose and a reason.

If you have read my blog previously, you know that I am pretty much an "open book" and I pray that God will use my life experiences to help others. I cannot tell you the process to adopt is a walk in the park- in fact, it is quite the opposite. However, as with all things, anything worth having is worth fighting for.

I had a friend who told me a few weeks ago of a lady she knows who is going through a divorce. She found out she was pregnant, and wanted to find someone to adopt the baby because neither she nor her husband wanted the child since they are divorcing.

I have been praying that God would help me find someone- the perfect match- for this child. I know personally what it is like to long for a child so desperately that your heart literally aches. I also know the extreme joy of having your tiny baby placed in your arms, and the realization that God has indeed blessed you and answered your prayers to be a mother. I wanted to help someone else realize that dream.


Another friend of mine ran into one of her friends from high-school last week. As they were talking, my friend found out that her friend has been trying to have a child for many years. She and her husband have recently decided they want to adopt since they have not been successful in conceiving a child.

I was SO excited to know that I knew someone who may be the answer to their prayers! I contacted my other friend, and waited to hear back from her on the status of the pregnant woman.

It wasn't long before I heard back from her. Never in a million years did I expect the overwhelming sadness that slammed into my heart when I read her email. The pregnant woman was afraid she would not be able to find someone to adopt her baby, so she aborted the baby.

My heart has ached all day long. The sadness is so heavy in my heart- knowing, as another friend of mine said, "Missed blessings for everyone!" How right she is!

Thankfully, I had the forethought to tell my friend to not say anything to the lady who wants a child so desperately about this other lady since I did not know the status. I know the overwhelming feeling of loss when another dream is dashed right before your very eyes.

I pray desperately for the lady that had the abortion. There is a HUGE part of me that is angry with her, but in no way can I judge her. That is not my place. But none-the-less, she has destroyed an opportunity to be a blessing in the lives of a couple who long to hold a child. I am sure her decision was not an easy one. I am just so sad that she chose this path rather than a path of blessings for herself and another couple.

As I pray for comfort for this lady that had the abortion, I also pray for this couple, and all the millions of couples out there who long to be parents. It truly is a hard and lonely road to walk. Every pregnant woman you see rips your heart out. Every Mother's and Father's Day- days of celebration- are nothing but stabbing pains to your heart. Every time you hear a baby cry as you are out in public causes excruciating pain at the emptiness that screams from your hollow soul. I pray that God will comfort these couples who are walking this path at this very moment.

I pray for the hundreds of thousands of children who are in foster care just waiting to be adopted. There are so many children who need a loving home! It is not an easy road, but again, what in life is easy?

I now turn my prayers to God to help me with my anger. No, I am not talking about my anger regarding abortion. Yes, this act does anger me, but abortion is a deception and lies straight from the pits of hell.

I pray that God will help me with my anger over the news article I read stating what I knew from the beginning would be the "strategy" for the defense of Jared Lee Loughner. While I knew it was coming it still makes me angry that it is even a consideration. They are going to try to have him deemed as "mentally incompetent" to stand trial!

Another thing that angers me is that he is referred to as the "alleged" or "accused" killer. Excuse me, there is OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE to PROVE he is the one who killed and wounded so many that day in January! He was TACKLED IN THE ACT! We have become so ridiculous with the political correctness that we've lost all common sense. Yes, I absolutely believe in "innocent until proven guilty", but again, you cannot throw common sense out the window! There is ABSOLUTELY NO QUESTION that this man IS the killer! I say, "Get a rope!" Let's solve this problem the way they punished murders before we became so "politically correct". America, if you don't wake up, your political correctness is going to be the death of you!

Lord God, I continue to pray for Jared Lee Loughner. I pray that his heart will be softened and that he will be held accountable for his actions. Lord God Almighty, I plead with You for justice! I pray for his eternal soul, but I also pray for justice in his heinous actions!

I pray for the families of all the people that died that horrible day. They must endure the agony of hearing the political correctness in the media play out as the memory of their loved ones take a back seat to the "justice" system. I pray for those who were wounded that day as well. Give them comfort, peace and strength to endure this long process.

As always, I continue to pray for Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. She is defying all the odds with her progress. I pray that You will continue to strengthen and heal her every single day. I praise You and give You all glory and honor for the miracle of her life and recovery. Thank You, Jesus, for sparing her life. Her life is the miracle this country desperately needs. I pray that she will be a vessel to unite this country in a time when we are so very divided.

I pray for President Obama. I pray that he will humble himself before You and seek YOUR ways for the direction of this country and not his own ways.

I pray all of these things in the precious, holy Name of Jesus Christ- Amen.

No comments: