Tuesday, March 8, 2011

EVERY KNEE WILL BOW

"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:9-11

This is another of my favorite passages of Scripture in The Bible. The Bible says that one day, EVERY knee will bow, and EVERY tongue will confess that Jesus Christ Is Lord of lords and King of kings!

For me and my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, this is a day we long for! As the Mercy Me song says,

"I can only imagine
Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine!"


These days I find myself imagining more and more what that day will be like! With all that is going on in the world around us, prophecy is literally coming alive before our very eyes! If I were not a believer in Christ I am sure I would be very afraid and uncertain of the future.

Being a prophecy watcher, I frequently make posts of how Bible prophecy is playing out in news headlines every day. Yesterday I made a post and a non-believer sent a message back denying that we are indeed in the end times. Whether the rapture happens tomorrow or 100 years from now, we are indeed in the end of times.

I found myself pondering this person and others like him who do not believe. While I can only imagine what it will be like to finally be at the feet of my Jesus worshipping Him, I cannot in any way imagine what it would be like to not believe in Him.

Many years ago I started running from God. I ran for many, many years. Thankfully, God never gave up on me, and continued to pursue me. Though I ran from Him, I never doubted He Is Who He says He Is. For many years I did not understand Who He Is, but I never doubted His existence.

While many people may have been offended by the denial of God's existence, I was not. I was, however, very sad for this person.

One day, EVERY knee will bow and EVERY tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Oh, how I long for that day! For me, this day will be a long awaited dream. For those who do not believe it will not be such a joyous occasion. I pray desperately for those who deny Christ. His love and sacrifice is the greatest gift of all time.

Lord God, thank You so much for loving me enough to give Your life for me so that I may have eternal life with You. I pray for the millions of souls who are lost in a dying world. Please remove the blinders from their eyes and soften their hardened hearts.

I continue to pray for Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. Thank You for the miracle You continue to perform in her life. I also pray for her husband, Mark Kelly, as he makes preparations for his final space flight. Bless them and keep them both.

I pray these things in Jesus Name- Amen.

No comments: