Monday, March 14, 2011

OVER MY COLD DEAD BODY

I read an article today that made my blood run cold, and in the very next second, my blood began to boil! I am attaching the link for you to read.
The Islamic Demolition of the Statue of Liberty

No matter your political views, if you do not look at the State of Liberty and get choked up, you have no business living in the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.  The image of this tall, brave lady standing on our shores, beckoning to all who seek a life of liberty, freedom, and the opportunity to become all you dream to be. No, she doesn't GUARANTEE you success- but she provides every opportunity you could ever imagine.


The words engraved on her were penned in 1883 and engraved on her in 1903. These words ring throughout history to millions of immigrants looking for a better life.

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Emma Lazarus, 1883

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

These are the words that you probably recognize the most from this poem written by Emma Lazarus.

I sit here, pondering on these specific words, and think about what the Islamist want to do to her, and all I have is the resounding question, "Why? Why does she pose such a threat to you? Why are you against the huddles masses yearning to breathe free?"

It makes no sense to me, how a rational person can be against freedom.

And the answer, as sad and evil as any answer resounds solidly in my mind. Freedom threatens evil.

What many do not understand is that the Statue of Liberty represents more than just a nation. This beautiful lady represents every opportunity that is given to us through Christ Jesus. I am sure many people have never considered this, and many will balk at this suggestion. By no means am I saying that the Statue of Liberty is anything more than a symbol. She herself- this statue- cannot save anyone. Only Jesus Christ- the Messiah- can save you. However, this beautiful lady represents the freedom to choose your life's path. Yes, you may be knocked down. But you have the opportunity to get up and try again.

As I have said before, I have found that the trials in my life have only served to make me stronger. Yes, there have been times that I have grumbled about what has happened in my life or what is going on. But if I had to choose, I would not change a single thing that has happened in my life. If I changed one thing, everything else that has happened afterwards would change.

Too many people these days are looking for a handout. They do not view the Statue of Liberty through the same eyes that I do. They see that because she does not reach out and give them everything that their heart desires she is no good.  These people have no idea the beauty of sacrifice. Millions of lives have been lost protecting this beautiful Lady and all she represents. Much blood has been shed, and many tears have been cried standing beside her to protect this great nation.

Every person in this country- Democrat, Republican, Independent, Libertarian, Constitutionalist- should be outraged at the very thought that this is the goal of this Islamist group! If this does not prove that these people have no intention of a peaceful existence with us. They are here to steal, kill and destroy our way of life.

Hmmmmm... that rings a bells, doesn't it?

John 10:10 in The Holy Bible states, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

The thief- Satan- comes only to steak, kill and destroy. Jesus has come so that we may have life, and have it to the fullest. Life. Freedom. Not destruction.

I was in a conversation with some of my online twitter friends, and we were discussing the Muslim movement. I said to them that it is sad how wrong these people are. They give their very lives to obey "their god" who "demands" that they kill people who do not believe as they do or worship their god.

The God I serve- God Almighty- Creator of heaven and earth- commands me to love and forgive and pray for those who do not believe as I do. It is my strongest hearts desire that everyone would come to know my Jesus! Jesus Christ Is Love. He does not tell me to kill those who do not believe in Him. He says that all vengeance belongs to Him. One day, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ Is Lord. It is not my job to seek vengeance on those who do not honor Him- the One True God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

This is the distinct difference in Christians and Muslims.

I will give my very life's blood and last breath before I allow anyone to destroy the State of Liberty! Both of my grandfathers fought to keep this nation free. My father-in-law fought to keep this nation free. My dad tried to fight for freedom, but he was underweight. This prevented him from doing so. While others were fleeing the country as cowards to avoid fighting for freedom, he drank milkshakes 3 times a day trying to gain weight to meet the weight standard. My husband tried to serve to protect our freedom, but a medical condition with his eyes prevented him from doing so. Most of my ancestors served and fought so that I may live free today.

It will be over my cold, dead body that they dismantle the State of Liberty!

Lord God Almighty, I pray for this nation. I pray that You will protect the Statue of Liberty. I do not worship her- the statue- I worship You and thank You for the privilege and blessings of being born in a country where I am provided the opportunities I am provided. I am thankful that we have a way for immigrants to come to this country legally, so that they may have the same opportunities I have. While I am completely against illegal immigration, I am completely for legal immigration.

I pray for President Obama. I pray that he will find his backbone. Lord God, I pray that You will forgive me for my attitude concerning this man. He has been anointed for this position in this time in history. I pray that he will humble himself before You and seek Your ways.

I continue to pray for Congresswoman Giffords. I pray that You will keep Your hand of protection on her, and continue to heal her. You have performed a mighty miracle in her life. All praise and glory and honor belong to You, Lord Jesus!

I pray all of these things in the precious Name of Jesus Christ- Amen.

Here is another blog post regarding this issue- where I found the article:
Patriot Action Network- article by Tony Salazar

No comments: