Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'VE COME TO A REALIZATION

I just got finished with a major rant on Twitter. My husband just showed me an article that has blown my mind! For your reference, here is the article that caused my rant:

U.S. Debt Jumped $72 Billion Same Day U.S. House Voted to Cut Spending $6 Billion

Now, why in the world would this send me into a tizzy, you are probably asking. It is quite obvious that our debt and continued spending is completely out of control. It's been one of the main topics of discussion for- oh, I don't even know how long!

So I will tell you- my rant was caused by the sudden realization that no one in Washington gets it! And I do mean NO ONE! I say this, because if anyone at all truly got the enormity of this crisis, this would be the ONLY thing that was being discussed!

I have hated politics, absolutely despised politics, all of my life! In fact, I still hate it, even though it has become one of the main things I talk about! I have always hated it because most of the time the politicians- no matter who they are- sell out to special interests somewhere along the way. They forget who they are- if they were ever an upstanding citizen to begin with- and compromise their principles to make a deal here or a deal there.

I understand that you have to compromise on some things- all relationships require compromise in some way or another! However, if a person compromises any part of their core values and beliefs they have sold out!

Over the years our political system has become so eroded and corrupt that it is really hard to believe that anyone who is in office truly holds this nations heart and future as a priority.

The above article just solidifies my realization. The entire system has become nothing but one big game. The Republicans blame the Democrats and the Democrats blame the Republicans. Accusations are made on both sides. This project is held hostage for that deal.

The future of this nation is in the hands of 537 people (435 Congressmen; 100 Senators; 1 President, 1 Vice-President). The approximate population of The United States is 300 million. This does not make any sense at all!

I am a Christ-follower. I know that my only Hope is in Jesus Christ alone. There is no government, person or program that is the answer. I know this, and do not question this.

What I have hoped for is that somewhere, somehow, there is someone who will stand up and shout from the rooftop of Congress or The White House that this insanity must stop! We have gone beyond the point of saving a dollar here or there to make a difference.

The exact same day a vote was taken to cut spending by $6 billion, our national debt increased $72 billion! Hello! Does anyone, anywhere, not realize how stupid this is? This has become an insurmountable problem!

Glenn Beck is criticized and mocked as being apocalyptic. He is made fun of, and called a liar. However, I know that at least 4 years ago he was saying that we are going to be in trouble if we do not start addressing this.

And, since so many people obviously cannot do math, that was before Barack Obama became President! No, it is not all Barack Obama's fault! HOWEVER, he most certainly is not doing anything to help the situation! He flies all over the country campaigning for the 2012 presidency, and has been since he took the oath of office on January 20, 2009 when he was inaugurated as president!  He and his wife take more vacations than they are at the White House!

The budget talks in Congress has become nothing more than mamby-pamby land! The fact of the matter is there is going to be NO MONEY FOR ANYONE if something DRASTIC is not done! But the realization has hit me. No one truly cares! It's become nothing more than a blame game on both sides! I would love to know how much money is wasted in one day in just the arguing about the budget alone!

All of this makes sense, really. As a nation, we rank horribly in math. I am not a statistician, so I will not even begin to start throwing numbers out there for someone to argue with. However, I do know from having 4 children ins public school, and seeing the national rankings of their school, The United States as a whole is failing miserably in math scores! We hear from the president and the teacher's unions how they want more money to address these issues, but I have no confidence whatsoever that this would address the issue. Trillions of dollars have been wasted on the education system, and we have absolutely nothing to show for it! Yes, I have proof of this- my 4 children, who I have to RE-TEACH every single day! Needless to say, home school is going to be our solution!

So, in the midst of this realization, I also have The Peace that passes all understanding. There is no hope whatsoever except for Jesus Christ. The Bible has plainly prophesied what is to come. I believe we are in the last days- whether it is tomorrow or 50 years from now.

Yes, I will still be involved in trying to have an impact on things. I believe that is part of my calling as a Christ-follower. For too long The Church- the body of Christ- has been silent. We have sold ourselves out as well by not holding our leaders accountable and not speaking up on the issues. Now, we are paying the consequences.

Unfortunately things are going to get much worse. However, I have no worries at all. My hope is in Jesus Christ- Messiah and Savior to all.

No longer will I even consider that a politician is serious about truly addressing the budget issues of our country until someone actually speaks the truth. What is the truth? We are doomed, as a nation, unless drastic measures are taken immediately! And obviously, from what we have seen from our politicians, no one is willing to step out and take those drastic measures.

Lord Jesus.... my prayer is simple tonight. I thank You and praise You for Your Salvation. I am so thankful for Your peace that passes all understanding. The world is literally crumbling down around us. The earth is literally quaking beneath our feet. Though I may die before I wake tomorrow, I have no worries. You are all I need.

Lord Jesus, I pray for this nation. I pray for blinded eyes to be opened and hardened hearts to be softened. I know that You are going to bring a great delusion on the land, and I honestly wonder if it has already happened. This would be the only answer that makes any sense anymore.

Lord Jesus, I know that You are not willing that any should perish. I pray for the lost and dying world that has rejected You. Without You I truly am nothing and I have nothing. I praise You and worship You for all that I am and all that You have done in my life.

I continue to pray, as I do each day, for Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. I long to see her give her first interview celebrating her life! I pray for the day she looks strongly and defiantly at her attacker and declares to him that he did not win, but that You, Lord Jesus, have won by performing the miracle of saving her life. She is beating all the odds! All glory and honor and praise belong to You, Lord Jesus!

I pray today for President Obama. My soul cries out in anger and frustration over his lack of leadership. I pray that he will humble himself before You. I pray that he will seek Your will and Your ways instead of his own. I pray that his blinded eyes will be opened. I pray that he will stand up and bless Israel, rather than seeking to divide her I know prophetically this is probably not going to happen. But it is my prayer.

I pray for Israel. I know You are sheltering her in Your mighty hand. I know she is in for a very tumultuous time. All the world will eventually come against her. However, my prayers are forever with Your people.

I pray all of these things in the precious Name of Jesus Christ- Messiah- Savior- King and Lord! Amen.

No comments: