Thursday, March 31, 2011

THE LORD REIGNS

There are some days that I find very conflicting in my spirit. Today is one of those days!

I've become involved with a project that I am very proud to be a part of. As always, it is my consistent prayer that God will use me in every aspect of my life. Without a doubt I know that this project is not only an avenue that God is using me in, He is also blessing me tremendously!

So I am sure you are probably wondering why my spirit would be conflicted.

As a believer in Christ, and a believer in the pre-trib rapture, I see how the world is shaping up around us. I know that time is so very short before the world literally explodes into the worst time in history known to mankind- The Tribulation. Now, if you do not believe in prophecy, end times, the rapture and such, that is your prerogative. But, I hold fast to God's promises for those who believe in Him.

So here I am- so very frustrated with the way things are going on in our country and the world. I so long for the day that all this is over, and I am worshipping my King Jesus! Yet, I am so very blessed and excited to be able to use my talents for a worthy cause.

On days like this I have to just rest in the fact that the Lord reigns. He is in control of all things.

One of my favorite Scriptures is Psalm 97. It is a testament of God's mighty power. He is in control.

One of my favorite songs is by Michael W. Smith, "Let It Rain".

As I have already mentioned, on of the things I love to think about is the return of Christ, sounding the trumpet to call His bride home. And here in one video is all of these things put together. Yes, The Lord indeed reigns! In Him I put my trust!



The Lord Reigns


Psalm 97
1 The LORD reigns, let the earth be glad;
let the distant shores rejoice.
2 Clouds and thick darkness surround him;
righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne.
3 Fire goes before him
and consumes his foes on every side.
4 His lightning lights up the world;
the earth sees and trembles.
5 The mountains melt like wax before the LORD,
before the Lord of all the earth.
6 The heavens proclaim his righteousness,
and all the peoples see his glory.
7 All who worship images are put to shame,
those who boast in idols—
worship him, all you gods!
8 Zion hears and rejoices
and the villages of Judah are glad
because of your judgments, O LORD.
9 For you, O LORD, are the Most High over all the earth;
you are exalted far above all gods.
10 Let those who love the LORD hate evil,
for he guards the lives of his faithful ones
and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.
11 Light is shed upon the righteous
and joy on the upright in heart.
12 Rejoice in the LORD, you who are righteous,
and praise his holy name.

Lord God, help me to not be distracted by all that is going on in the world. It will be as You intend, in Your perfect timing.

I continue to pray for Congresswoman Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly. Please give them the peace and assurance that You are in control and reign majestically upon Your throne.

I pray for this nation. We continue to slip into a very dark abyss. Please have mercy on this nation.

I pray for our president. Humble him before You, Lord God.

I pray for the nation and people of Israel. Please comfort her always and assure her people that You reign upon Your throne and that Your covenant with them is forever and ever!

I pray all of these things in the Name of Jesus Christ- Amen.

No comments: