Wednesday, February 16, 2011

YOU HAVE TO STAND FOR SOMETHING

There's an old saying that's a cliche that came out as a country song that speaks volumes of truth. "You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything."

I look around this nation and I am caught in the middle of several different emotions. I'm sad to see what this country has become. I'm disgusted to the point of almost physically throwing up oftentimes, these days, to see what this nation, founding on Judeo-Christian principle, has allowed to happen. I'm also very determined and steadfast. Though I look around and see these things it just makes me more determined to stand up for what I believe in and not back down.

No, I do not think that you have to believe and feel as I do. But you most certainly are not going to shut me up from saying how I feel or standing up for what I believe in. I've fallen for many things in my life because I did not stand up. Every day that I get older I become more resolute in who I am and who I am called to be.

Sadly, this nation has become a mere whisper of what we once were and could be again.

Thankfully, I believe there are enough people who are just as determined as I am that they will stand for what they believe in.

I pray for this nation. I pray that she will once again become the strong, courageous, God-fearing nation she once was.

I pray also, as I do each day, for Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. I am so thankful to see how far she has come already! God Almighty is so good!

I pray all these things in Jesus Name- Amen.

No comments: