Tuesday, February 15, 2011

LIES, LIES, LIES

I am sick of the lies! Everywhere I turn, all I hear are lies, lies, lies and MORE lies!

We've come to a point in our society where "truth" is subjective. Your truth may not be my truth, and neither of our truths may be the next person's truth.

Truth is facts, not opinion. That's the problem when we come to accept "truth" as subjective. If you do not have solid facts to stand on, it's not truth. Period. If it is not truth it is false- a lie.

I can start at the bottom and work my way up, or start at the top and work myself down. It doesn't really matter. From TSA workers to the elected President of the United States of America all we get are lies, lies, lies!

I know first hand the consequences of lying. For many years I lied- not only to my parents and other people, but worse than that even, I lied to myself. Now, you may not think this is such a big deal, because hey, you know deep down inside what THE truth is, even if what comes out of your mouth is a lie- right?

Well, you would think so. But the scary thing is- when you lie to yourself so much, so often and so long, you start believing your own lies. One day, you wake up, and you do not know what THE truth is. The truth has melded with the lies so much that you honestly do not know what is the truth, and what is a lie. Yes, pun intended there, but it is no laughing matter at all- believe me! I've lived it!

Thankfully, I finally reached the point where I said enough is enough. I did some VERY SERIOUS soul searching and praying. I prayed that God would help me to face THE truth of all the things I had done. As Dr. Phil says, "You can't change what you don't acknowledge."

I prayed that God would stop me in my tracks every time I would start speaking a lie. Those closest to me knew what I was struggling with, and I told them that if I stop in the middle of speaking, please just give me a minute to work things out within myself.

In the beginning, it was extremely embarrassing, hurtful to myself and those around me, and very hard to stop and admit I was about to lie. But what I had to come to terms with is the fact that ALL things in our life are spiritual (Ephesians 6:10-20). Satan is the father of lies. His goal is to kill, steal and destroy. If he can destroy me- my reputation- my integrity- by getting me to lie, no one will believe me. So I am not able to be effective in the Kingdom of God.

But, when I stop and face THE TRUTH, ADMIT that I was about to get myself caught in the continuous downward spiral of lies, then Satan loses his foothold on me.

Darkness cannot exist where there is light. Even if it is just a tiny pinhole of light, the light pierces the dark and washes it away. The bigger that light gets, the more darkness disappears. The darkness HAS to flee at the appearance of light. Jesus is the Light that extinguishes ALL the darkness of Satan. It doesn't happen overnight, just like the pin light does not completely extinguish a room of total darkness. But with consistent prayers and faith in Jesus, the darkness MUST flee!

Our society is inundated with darkness. Darkness- the evil that manifested itself in physical form when Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and her constituents going to see her were gunned down. But in the darkness there has been much Light shining. There is power in prayer! There is ALL power in the Name of Jesus. When you speak the Name of Jesus, ALL evil MUST flee!

Tonight, I continue to pray for Ms. Giffords. I petition the throne of God to dispel the dark evil that became physical that fateful day. I am so thankful that Ms. Giffords has made the remarkable progress she has already made at such lighting speed. I continue to pray for her complete healing.

I pray all these things in the precious Name of Jesus Christ- Amen.

No comments: