Sunday, February 20, 2011

IT'S ONLY A MIRACLE

I believe it is truly only a miracle of God that has prevented more violence and tragedy to come out of the political divide that is going on in our country.

I know I've said this many times already, in this prayer blog, but it saddens me to see where our country is. Our current president has done nothing but cause a larger divide between the citizens of this country. He is supposed to be a uniter. He SHOULD be a uniter! He is the first black president this nation has ever had! That is a HUGE accomplishment, given our historical past. He is in a very unique position where he could literally abolish the majority of racial tension. However, he has done the opposite.

Things always roll downhill. So if the leader of an organization seeks to divide, the organization itself grows into a huge tool of division.

We have now reached a point in the political atmosphere that is literally simmering. We have seen little outbursts of tension and anger boil over; the fire is turned down a bit, and the boiling dies down. However, just as when you cook something on the stove, if you do not remove the pot from the burner itself, you are still heating things up. This is exactly what is happening in our country.

Sadly, it appears to me that we have reached a point that has become very volatile. I am very involved on twitter. I tend to talk with people of my own beliefs and political principles, because I am not a person that likes to argue. I believe as I do, you believe as you do, we both have the right to believe differently, so what is the point in arguing? If you are TRULY seeking to know what you believe, then yes, ask questions. But for the most part, there is nothing that is accomplished by arguing your views. I do not honestly believe that I am going to change anyone's political beliefs, and I know they will not change mine. I cannot change anyone but myself. If someone is going to have a change of view, that is up to them and God, not me. There is no argument that I can give that is going to make them see the light. Facts are facts. Plain and simple. If you choose to ignore the facts, I'm not going to waste my time trying to get you to see my point of view.

To date, there has been only ONE person that I put in a different category than what I said above. I have talked about her before on this blog. She believes COMPLETELY differently than I do, and in the beginning, I had no interest in talking to her. As I told her, I'm not online to argue with people. But we truly have built a friendship, even in our differences. She has not changed anything that I believes or think, and I am pretty sure I have not changed her mind on anything she believes or thinks. I don't try to do this. Again, I see it as a waste of time. Either she and I are going to accept each other as we are, and continue to have a friendship, or we are not. Life will not end for either of us either way. It is what it is.

However, there are people on both the left and the right that actually seek out others that have a different view for the express sake of arguing with them. This I just do not understand. In fact, I see that it has done nothing but stoke the fires of tension and anger on both sides. There has even been a leader on the left to say the way to solve the problems we have in our country would be to kill Republicans.

There are death threats from both sides to leaders on the opposite side probably every single day. As much as I COMPLETELY disagree with the left on almost everything, in no way do I believe violence is going to solve our problem. Now, again, as I have stated before, don't get me wrong- if my life, the life of my children, or our freedoms are being threatened in that moment, you bet your life I'm going to do whatever necessary. If that means that I have to use a firearm to protect myself, my children, or my freedom by someone coming into my home illegally, you bet I will! But I do not condone or seek out stopping those that feel differently than me with violence. It is going to only lead to something very ugly.

It saddens me that the attack on Congresswoman Giffords has not waken people up on both sides. Sadly, it seems to have only stepped up the tension.

Lord God, I pray that You will protect the leaders of this country. I know there are many people on both sides politically that see violence as an option. I do not. I believe it is only by Your grace, and truly a miracle from You that there have not been much more violence already. Unfortunately, I do not know how much longer this is going to last. I believe that it is only by Your continued protection and grace that this will happen.

I pray that men and women in elected leadership will step up and lead. They have been given a duty to uphold. I pray that You will protect each and every single one of them.

I pray that You will continue to heal Congresswoman Giffords. Help her to be stronger each and every day. Lord, let HER voice speak loud and clear! Maybe she is the only one who can bring some semblance of order due to what she is going through.

I pray these things in Jesus Name- Amen.

No comments: