Saturday, February 26, 2011

IS ACCOUNTABILITY A THING OF THE PAST?

One of the things I absolutely will not tolerate in my life is lies. While I understand that most all children have to be taught not to lie, so I know my struggle with my children lying is normal. Most all parents have to teach their children not to lie.

What I find interesting is how many adults lie. Were they not taught that lying is not acceptable?

What is sad is that these days lies have become so acceptable that no one is held accountable for them.

Lying has been the topic of discussion and issue being addressed in our home today. Yesterday, my oldest daughter, who is 9-years-old, was caught in a lie that has grown bigger than she ever imagined it would. Obviously, she is being punished for her actions. We are trying to teach her and get her to understand that your actions affect not only yourself, but everyone else around you. Now, not only do we have a trust issue with her, but now her teacher does as well, because she lied at school.

I believe one of the main problems in our society is the total lack of accountability. We do not hold our children accountable for their actions in many cases. Elected officials are notorious for not being held accountable. Celebrities are also famous for not being held accountable for their actions.

Charlie Sheen is a current prime example of this. Since he has been in the headlines over the last couple of days with his tirades and outbursts, many have weighed in on what is going on with him. I heard several people on one show tonight talk about how he is "delusional" and "has gone over the edge." I totally disagree with this! I believe that Charlie Sheen thinks that life's rules do not apply to him. He thinks that his "celebrity status" gives him a "free ticket" to act any way he wants to act.

I hope that CBS and the producers of his show continue to give him consequences. It's obvious he has not learned his lesson with production being canceled on the show for the remainder of the season. His actions are not only affecting him, but the other 250 people that have jobs on this show. The solution? Fire him, continue the show without him! If it continues with good ratings, move on without him! There are CONSEQUENCES for our actions! When are we going to hold ALL people accountable for their actions? This must be for celebrities, politicians, leaders, parents, students, teachers- EVERYONE!

Lord God, I pray that this nation will bow before You and see that we will ALL be held accountable for our actions one day! If we turn a blind eye to the things going on, it does not simply go away.

I pray that the man who committed the horrendous acts of violence in Arizona will be held accountable for his actions! I pray that he will come to know You, and ask for forgiveness for his sins, but I still pray that he is held accountable for his actions.

I pray for Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. Lord God, use her life, her struggles, and her triumph for Your glory!

I pray these things in Jesus Name- Amen.

No comments: