Thursday, January 13, 2011

TIME FOR EVERYTHING

Once upon a time, this country was known for standing together in times of tragedy. Though we have always had our differences, when our strength and resolve as a nation was put to the test, we would pass the test with flying colors. I remember many of those times when the nation came together to support each other, no matter our political beliefs. In fact, the last time I remember that happening wasn’t so long ago, through the scope of history. Almost 10 years ago our nation was attacked by terrorists, and this nation came together in total love and support of each other. Oh yes, there were a few extremes on the outside that accused our own government of the attacks, but they were few, for the most part.
The Bible says in Matthew 24:12, “Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold”.
This is the only explanation I have for what is going on in our nation right now.
Once again, our nation has been impacted by tragedy. People have died in a senseless tragedy. Today I am struggling with my emotions. I go between sadness, anger, disgust, resolve, acceptance, and then I start all over again. I will have to accept that this is the way it is, but I most certainly cannot agree with it. I do most assuredly accept that God is in control. That is what I cling to.
I once again cling to the Scripture in Ephesians 6:10-20. I put on my full Armor of God. These days, more than ever before, I know that I must arm myself with God’s Armor.
The blame game is not going to solve anything. Those who are casting blame on one side or the other, wise up! EACH person is accountable for HIS OR HER OWN ACTIONS! Yes, I know, society has tried to teach us a different way, but that does not make it truth.
There’s so much more that is on my hear today, and yet it is best that I not say any more. I am seeking shelter in the arms of Almighty God, so that He will guard my heart. What is surprising me is that it’s not just those on “the other side of the aisle” that are troubling me today. The division in this country is going to destroy us, people! Wake up! We MUST unite, as One Nation Under God, if we are going to survive! Once again, I make a plea to this nation- to my fellow Americans- please join me, humble yourself before God, repent for your sins. God WILL heal our land! NONE of us are perfect; we ALL have sins we have to be forgiven for. I am not casting stones. I am truly pleading with my country to stop this insanity! This is NOT the time or place to be politicizing an event, or anyone who speaks about it. News Reporters need to report the news. The FACTS, plain and simple. The authorities need to report the FACTS, or keep out of the news media! The pundits, politicians, and other public figures need to stop pointing fingers and blaming others. We should ALL be praying for those who have been directly impacted by this tragedy, and that is ALL we should be doing!  Hebrews 4:12 says, “For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.” America, please stop with the personal attacks against those you disagree with! Rush Limbaugh did not do this. Glenn Beck did not do this. Sarah Palin did not do this. Keith Olberman did not do this. President Obama did not do this. One man bent on allowing his anger to spin out of control did this. I am truly starting to believe he is not mentally challenged, I believe he was just angry with the world and wanted the world to know his rage. It’s been said by his friends that he liked to push people’s buttons. We as a nation have not only allowed him to push our buttons, we are now pushing additional buttons when we should be closing our mouths so that our sharp tongues do not cause more harm to each other.
I pray, as always, for Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. I pray for her complete and speedy recovery. I pray that God will continue to perform miracles in her life, and that she will have absolutely no brain damage or such from this. I know it will be said that it’s impossible that this will be the case, but with my God, ALL things are possible! I continue to pray for her husband, Mark Kelly. My heart was breaking last night, as I saw him at the “Memorial Service”.
I pray for those that attended the “Memorial Service” last night. I do not in the least blame President Obama for the actions of the crowd. I believe President Obama was very respectful in the things he spoke. I still not agree with his politics, but I am very grateful that he did not strive for more division. I do, however, pray that the president and students of the University will take a step back and see where their actions were totally inappropriate in this situation. Have we truly lost all sense of what is appropriate and respectful? This greatly concerns me, for the future of our nation! Respect for others seems to be something else that I will have to remember as, “once upon a time.”
I pray desperately for this nation. I pray for unity. I pray for President Obama, and all of those in leadership. I pray for their safety. I pray that each of our leaders and the citizens of this nation will seek God’s will and grace and mercy during this time of tragedy. He will heal our land, America. But it’s up to us- it’s our choice whether or not we obey him. It’s up to us!
I am standing up and saying that the ONLY right action in this situation is prayer! It is NOT time to change our gun laws! It is NOT time to come out against a public figure that you do not agree with!
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 says that there is a time for everything under the heavens. This is a time when American needs to be RE-BORN. This is a time for love to be planted. This is a time for our nation to heal. This is a time for our nation to REBUILD WITH each other! This is a time to weep with those in our nation who have been impacted in this tragedy. This is a time for our nation to mourn its losses. This is NOT a time to gather up stones to throw at each other, no matter WHO it is! Even the killer! He will have his day in court! We should not take the attention away from those who have lost and give the attention to he who took away. This IS a time to embrace each other in love!  This IS a time to mend!  This is DEFINITELY a time to be silent with criticisms and blaming. This is DEFINITELY a time to love, not to hate. And this is most definitely a time for peace, not war!
America, again, I plead with you- ALL Americans- humble ourselves before God Almighty. If we do not, the consequences are unbearable for us as a nation!
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Time for Everything

 There is a time for everything,
   and a season for every activity under the heavens:
 a time to be born and a time to die,
   a time to plant and a time to uproot,
 a time to kill and a time to heal,
   a time to tear down and a time to build,
 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
   a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
   a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
 a time to search and a time to give up,
   a time to keep and a time to throw away,
 a time to tear and a time to mend,
   a time to be silent and a time to speak,
 a time to love and a time to hate,
   a time for war and a time for peace.

No comments: