Sunday, January 9, 2011

SENSELESS TRAGEDY

Yesterday- Saturday, January 8, 2011- was yet another day of senseless tragedy in our country. I have sat in front of the TV almost continually since I read of the massacre online and turned on the TV to see what was going on.

I got on Twitter to see what was being said, and was furious to see that accusations were coming out before anyone knew the details of what is going on. Many of the "left-leaning" blogs, talk-show hosts, and even some Democrat political leaders were blaming the Tea Party for the assault.

Interestingly enough, once the information came out regarding the person who committed this massacre against innocent people, we find out that he is the furthest thing from a Tea Party member. Yet, we have not heard any apologies from those who accused the Tea Party of being involved.

My husband summed it up for me when I said this person was a liberal. He corrected me, saying, “No, I would not say he is a liberal. He is in that small, but weird, unclassified group where the far right and far left overlap.”
I’ve mulled this thought over for a bit, and have decided that he is correct.
As I’ve sat here over the last 30 hours or so trying to process all of this, prayed for Congressman Giffords and all who have been effected by this senseless massacre, watched the left play the blame game, watched some from the right play the blame game, my heart just could not take it anymore. I knew what I must do.
The last tweet I sent out seems to have fallen on deaf ears (or blind eyes, if you will).  My last tweet before I started working on this blog was this:
“America- this is an opportunity to heed God Almighty's Words in 2 Chronicles 7:14- humble ourselves and PRAY instead of blaming.”
I put the computer down, and walked away for a while. As I thought about this more and more, I sensed in my spirit that God was telling me to take a long look at what I had just sent out. I knew what He was calling me to do.
And so, this blog is born.
America- we MUST wake up! God Almighty is the ONLY answer for our country!
As a proud Tea Party Patriot, I am now considered a “Right Wing Extremist” by the government.
Our country is reaching a boiling point. We are seeing incidents of the boiling over in scattered incidences across the nation. The left blames the right. The right blames the left. The reality is we are ALL to blame for what is going on! We as a nation have turned our back on Almighty God. We as a nation do not go to our knees in prayer to seek God Almighty’s will in our lives.
The moral character of our country has diminished to almost nothing. And yet, we wonder why we are at the point we are as a nation. We have children bringing guns to school and killing their classmates, teachers and administrators.
We have not held our leaders accountable for their actions and we have allowed things to slip to a tipping point. Our president appoints leaders and goes around our Constitution. But the problem did not start with the current president. If we had held ALL of our leaders accountable for ALL of their actions through the years, we would have set a precedence as a nation that we, as citizens, demand more from our leaders, we would not have reached this point.
Things are not going to change overnight. And things will NOT change unless we obey the Words of God Almighty- we MUST humble ourselves and pray! We MUST repent for the wicked ways of this country. God Almighty WILL heal our lands, if we obey Him.
If we do not obey Him, this is only the beginning of a very tumultuous time in our nation’s history.
So this blog will be my humble prayers before God Almighty. I ask that if you are reading this, you search your heart. I ask that you will commit to praying for this nation and our leaders. Pray for God to forgive you where you have been wrong.
I am not saying to not stand up for what is right. In fact, it is quite the opposite. We MUST stand up for what is right, or wrong will take over! But first and foremost we must be humble and PERSONALLY go before God Almighty and pray for this nation!
May God bless America!

No comments: