Friday, January 14, 2011

IS THIS A BAD DREAM?

Each day that passes by perplexes me even more than the day before. It’s almost as if I am in a bad dream, and just cannot wake up!
Today I read that one of the victims from Saturday’s shooting blames Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck for the shooting. While I agree that this person has been through a major ordeal- major trauma- there is proof that this madman was not politically active.

I pray for Eric Fuller, the victim who gave an interview found here: Shooting Victim Blames Palin & Talk Radio  I pray that Mr. Fuller will let the facts speak for themselves.
When I got into a discussion on Twitter regarding this article, one comment made that we (on the “right”) are sick truly perplexed me. Yes, indeed, I am sick. My heart is very sick that this has swirled into the lies that it has. I am very sick and tired of the spin that comes along with everything that happens.
If I lived in this mentality, I would blame everyone around me for the things that have happened in my life. Instead, I am a survivor! I have pulled myself up by my boot-straps, have trusted in God, and have dealt with the things that have happened in my life without blaming others. Yes, I have had a lot of bad things happen in my life, but as the Casting Crowns song says, “I will praise Him in the storm!”   Casting Crowns Lyrics- "Praise You In The Storm"  
I praise God Almighty FOR the things that have happened in my life, because if it were not for these trials, which God has carried me through, I would not be here today. I am a strong survivor, not a victim, because I have stood up and faced the adversities that have come my way. It has not always been easy, and yes, there were many days that I wanted to point the finger of blame on others. I’m sure it would have been a lot easier. And in several of the cases I had ABSOLUTELY NO BLAME! I am a survivor of sexual assault. I am a survivor of sexual molestation. I am a survivor of VERY BAD choices in my life! THANKFULLY, I have grown up and matured. I have taken responsibility for the wrong decisions I’ve made. I have forgiven those who have hurt me. I have forgiven when there has been no earthly justice administered on my behalf in the court system.
I am in NO WAY blaming the victim, Mr. Fuller, or anyone else in this attack. I have said from the very beginning, as has most every Conservative that I’ve heard, that the ONLY person to blame is Jared Lee Loughner. Period. Not his parents. Not the school. Not the Left. Not the Right. Not the Tea Party. Not Sarah Palin. Not Glenn Beck. Not Keith Olberman. Not anyone except Jared.
We are always looking for answers- why? Who let him slip through the cracks? Well, in reality, I am beginning to believe that he is not crazy at all. After hearing from people who have known him for years I am beginning to believe he is a maniacal, evil man who plotted this violent act. I truly believe he is evil. But I still continue to pray for his soul. I pray that Jared will turn to God and repent for his horrible sins. Again, I re-iterate, I MOST DEFINITELY pray for justice- which in my eyes, the ONLY justice would be that he would be put to death- but it is my prayer that Jared will turn his life over to God. I must admit I highly doubt this will happen, but I do believe in miracles, and I will continue to pray for his mortal soul- for his eternal salvation. The blood that Jesus Christ shed on the cross was for the vilest of sinners. None of us are “good enough” without the covering of the blood of Jesus.
What has perplexed me even more in my conversation on Twitter is the response that I got after I sent the link to this blog saying that I had been praying every single day for all who have been affected by this evil man. I also pray daily for this nation to unite. The response was, “Thanks for the prayers. Please do also your best to prevent further tragedies. I wish really, Americans can come together.”
I am perplexed by this, because I just don’t understand how it is not fathomable that we Conservatives would actually pray for those we disagree politically with. I also do not understand how I, or other Conservatives, can be held responsible for preventing further tragedies, when the accusations from the Left are still being lashed out. Again, it has come out in the media that Jared was registered as an Independent, but he was on the Left, politically. My response? So? Just because he is on the Left does not mean that this is the REASON this attack happened! It seems to me from what I have gathered that he had a PERSONAL issues with Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. Was it because of the border issues? Was it because of health care? Was it because he knew her from Synagogue? Was it because he was obsessed with her? Was it because he just wanted attention? Was it because he just likes to push buttons? Was it because…..? Well, as you can imagine, I could go on forever, and we still would not have the definitive answer.
My request/prayer is that this gentleman that thanked me for my prayers and asked me to do my best to prevent further tragedies would do the exact same. Please stop encouraging your friends on the Left to place blame on those who disagree with you politically! I too, more than anything in this world, hope and pray and wish that America would come together.
In fact, there is someone that I worked very closely with in the last election cycle that I STRONGLY disagree with, in how they are addressing this tragedy. I do not believe the comments that have come forward are appropriate, healing or helpful in any way. This person is on the Right side of the aisle, obviously. I will tell them the exact same thing- this is not the time or place to be blaming those who have nothing to do with this tragedy. You can agree with or disagree with whoever you like. But if we truly are going to put our differences aside and unite as a nation we MUST stop the blame game! This is not healthy, and it is going to destroy our nation.
I am appalled that there are people who are wanting to use this tragedy as a way to pass more gun control laws. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords is a 2nd Amendment supporter. Mr. John Green, the father of Christina Taylor Green , the beautiful 9-year-old girl who was killed in this tragedy, said publicly that he does not want this tragedy to be used to restrict more of our freedoms.

Video of Interview with Mr. John Green 

Two of the people most affected by this tragedy. This would be a travesty to allow Jared Loughner to affect our history even more by this event being used to restrict our freedom and liberties.
In NO way do I advocate violence. However, I have the right to protect myself and my family if our lives are in danger, and I promise you I won’t hesitate for one second to do WHATEVER necessary to protect me and my family. I also do not advocate the verbal attacks- from the Left OR the Right. But by the same token I am not going to sit silently by and allow these attacks to go on. As Christians, we sat silent for too long. It started many years before I was old enough- or even born- to have a voice, but once I became old enough to vote, I still did not speak up on things I disagreed with as I should have. I took my freedom and liberty for granted. And I regret that. I will not make that mistake again.
The Left has the same exact rights that I do. They can speak their mind just as I can. However, the Left DOES NOT have the right to take away my rights because they do not agree with me. The attacks need to stop- PERIOD!
So yes- I pray for ALL who are affected! I pray today, as I do every day, for the complete, speedy and full recovery of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. I pray for John and Roxanna Green, the parents of Christina Taylor Green. As a parent, I cannot imagine the grief they are experiencing, though I have experienced similar tragedy. Losing a child must be much more excruciating than losing a spouse. Even though a violent act took my spouse, it was by his own hand. I cannot imagine what they are experiencing. I pray for their peace, comfort and forgiveness, and yes, still, I agree wholeheartedly with John Green. The death penalty is the ONLY justice for Jared Loughner!
I pray for each person that was shot on Saturday. I pray for their complete and speedy recovery physically, mentally and emotionally. I pray for the families and friends of each person that witnessed this horrible tragedy. I pray that they will be able to heal and forgive. And I pray desperately that we, as a nation, can come together and stop this craziness!
As I do each day, I invite each American to join me and humble yourself before God Almighty. I’ve done many horrible things in my life, but God has forgiven me. His grace and mercy is beyond comprehension! I invite you to experience His love, mercy, grace and salvation as I have.  Repent of your sins, America. God Almighty WILL heal our land! If we do not repent, and turn from our wicked ways, this is just the beginning of our sorrows.
I pray all of these things in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ- Amen

No comments: