Sunday, January 16, 2011

PRAISE BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY

Praise be to God Almighty! Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords has been upgraded to serious condition, from critical condition, 8 days after she was shot in the head. There are many miracles intertwined in this event.


Today, I continue to pray for Congresswoman Giffords, her husband, family and friends. I continue to pray for all those who were shot or who had family deaths from this tragedy. I pray for Eric Fuller, the shooting victim that has now been arrested for making death threats against a Tea Party Leader.


I continue to pray for the people of America, that we will unite. The human side of me sees very little hope with this happening, because I know that this time in our nation's history, we are so very divided. The political views of the people of this nation are polar opposites. However, the spiritual side of me knows that with God ALL things are possible. I pray for humble hearts. I know for this to happen our country is going to need to be broken. This will be painful for us as a nation- more painful that anything we've ever known. However, the alternative is even more painful. I continue to pray that the Christians of this nation will bind together in prayer. Jesus Christ is the only One who can heal our land.


This tragedy in Arizona last Saturday is, in my opinion, where the pot began to boil over after years of slowly turning the heat up. I pray that the fire will be turned off, though, again, I realize the reality of this happening is probably next to impossible. My concern is that simply turning back the heat on this simmering  atmosphere that permeates the political atmosphere just allows the anger to grow stronger and hotter. If we would simply discuss the issues and stop the personal attacks we could actually start addressing the real problems of this nation.


Lord God, You tell us that if we will humble ourselves before you, repent from our sins, You will heal our land. I pray that You will soften hearts and draw this nation closer to You. I pray for humble hearts, repentance, and healed land. It's in the precious Name of Jesus Christ I pray- Amen.

No comments: