Thursday, January 20, 2011

THAT'S WHAT FAITH CAN DO

Jesus told His disciples in Mark 10:15 and Luke 18:17 that if we do not have faith as a little child, we will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

In Matthew 17:20 we are told that if we have faith the size of a mustard seed we can move mountains.

I've seen many miracles in my lifetime. There are things that I would have never imagined in my own life that have either already come true, have happened, or are coming true.

America has witnessed a miracle the first month of this new year. Tragedy struck- an event that Satan meant for evil, God is turning to good (Romans 8:28). Yes, there are still parts of the event that are tragic. Many lives have been forever changed. But if we allow God to work in our lives, He WILL turn the evil for good.

It is reported that Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords is now up and walking, and that she will be going to rehab tomorrow! All praise and glory and honor be to Jesus! This is truly a miracle! It is quite obvious that God is not done with Ms. Giffords yet, and has mighty things in store for her life. He tells us in Provers 29:11 that He has a plan for us.

Faith truly can move mountains. America, once again, I ask you to join me and humble yourself before God. Repent for your sins, so that He will heal our land. It's obvious what He can and will do if we have faith! This truly IS a miracle!

I continue to pray for Congresswoman Giffords complete recovery. I continue to pray for her husband, Mark Kelly, and their extended family and friends, as they start this new part of the journey of her recovery. I hate that this tragic event has happened, but I praise God that He has spared Ms. Giffords life, and is truly performing a miracle through her.

I continue to pray for the other shooting victims and their families. I pray for Randy and Amy Loughner, the parents of the attacker. I pray for the attacker himself- that God will humble and soften his heart. I pray that he will repent from the evil that he has caused.

I continue to pray for the family and friends of Connor Menning in Vermont. I pray that the students will seek out someone to talk to, rather than letting this event create overwhelming feelings inside of them that they cannot deal with. Faith. We must have faith in God Almighty, and He will move the mountains of our lives. He has moved MANY mountains in my life! Jesus has given me a new beginning from the ashes. My broken heart became brand new. For all these things, I am so very thankful to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

America- THAT'S what faith can do!

"That's What Faith Can Do"
By Kutless

Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think its more than you can take
But you are stronger, stronger than you know
Don't you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do

It doesn't matter what you've heard
Impossible is not a word
It's just a reason for someone not to try
Everybody's scared to death
When they decide to take that step
Out on the water
It'll be alright
Life is so much more
Than what your eyes are seeing
You will find your way
If you keep believing

I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do

Overcome the odds
You don't have a chance
(That's what faith can do)
When the world says you can't
It'll tell you that you can!

I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do
That's what faith can do!
Even if you fall sometimes
You will have the strength to rise

No comments: