Saturday, March 5, 2011

PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS IS NOT GUARANTEED HAPPINESS

Tonight is another night where I sat before my computer screen, yet had no idea what to pray about. There are so many things going on in the world right now, so the possibilities are literally endless.

As I started browsing the news sites that I frequent, I ran across an article that just boggles my mind and makes my blood boil all at the same time. A town in Connecticut has been ordered to pay for union workers' coffee! What?! You have GOT to be kidding me? When will this sense of entitlement end?! 

We have become a "gimme" society. So many people are out for themselves, wondering what you are going to give them. My husband and I were talking yesterday about the sad state of affairs in this nation, and he said something that I've not thought about before he said it. "Only in America are the 'poorest people' overweight. I've never stopped to think about this until he said it, but he is right.

With the government handouts and other programs available to every single person in this nation, the impoverished of our nation do not go hungry. No, they may not be eating steak and sushi, but there is food in their bellies.

Those of us who know what hard work is all about are expected to support the ones that feel they are "entitled" to be happy.

There's now a push for new legislation to ensure that everyone has internet. Why? The internet is not essential for living?

We as a society have lost the understanding that you have to work for what you want. Nothing is free. Even though you are "given" something for "free", SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE has paid the for the cost for that item! NOTHING in life is free! NOTHING!

In our search to make things easier for people as a society we have weakened the very core of what makes a person strong. Hard work teaches a person character.

So I guess the next thing that will be an entitlement to all people will be free coffee! The Declaration of Independence guarantees that all men have the right to PURSUE happiness; it DOES NOT guarantee that all men be MADE happy! In addition to this, your definition of happiness may not be my definition of happiness. So who is going to be "judge and jury" for the definition of what "real happiness" is and how it is to be "mandated" for all people?

We truly have reached a point of insanity as a society.

Lord God, I pray for this nation. True happiness comes only from You. Please wake people up to the reality of what we are doing. We are literally destroying ourselves! You, Lord God, are our only Hope!

I pray for President Obama. Keep him safe. Open his eyes. Give him wisdom. Help him to seek YOUR ways.

I continue to pray for Congresswoman Giffords. I praise You and worship You for the progress she continues to make. All glory and honor be to You, Jesus, for the miracle of her life. Protect her and keep her close to You. Continue to heal her.

I pray these things in Jesus Name- Amen.

No comments: