Monday, April 11, 2011

THERE COMES A POINT IN YOUR LIFE

It's been several days since I've blogged here. Life just gets so crazy busy! Sometimes I think that in our modern world with the latest technology we have lost so much. We have things so much easier now, with the latest gadget or tool at our fingertips, yet we have so little time to enjoy the things that truly matter.

I received an email from my brother today that I feel is worth sharing. It's one of those "forwards", yet this one hit a spot in my heart. So tonight, I will dwell on the thoughts from his email.

'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.'

When God takes something from your grasp, He’s not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. 


'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'   

There comes a point in your life when you realize:
Who matters,
who never did,
who won't anymore...
And who always will.
So, don't worry about people from your past,
there's a reason why they didn’t make it to your future.

This encompasses a lot of things for me. In fact, for a person that usually has an abundance of words, there are really no other words that I can add.

If you are reading this, I challenge you to think on the words above. You have to get to that point in your life where you realize what truly is important. If you have not gotten to that point yet, I challenge you to make that a goal for 2011.

For me, I most definitely have gotten to the point in my life where I realize who and what is important. In fact, today I had the most beautiful reminder of the important things. If you would like to read that story, you can read it here:  It's The Simple Things In Life

Lord God, though I have not blogged in several days you know that I have continuously prayed for the things that burden my heart.

I pray for Congresswoman Giffords. I pray that You will continue to heal her body, soul, mind and heart. Help her to forgive the man who created this tragedy in her life. Help her to cling to You for comfort, peace and healing. I pray for her husband, Mark Kelly. Keep him safe on his shuttle mission.

I pray for this nation. My heart aches for this nation who has turned her back on You. Lord God, humble her. Bring her back to You. I pray that she will rise up and fall to her knees in repentance before You.

I pray for President Obama. I pray that he will humble himself before You. He and his czars and other members of his administrative team are destroying this nation.

I pray for the nation of Israel who is once again under attack by gunfire and mortar and bombs. Protect her and keep her safe in the shadow of You, Almighty God.

I pray all of these things in the precious, holy Name of Your Son Jesus Christ- Amen.

No comments: