Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I WOULD RATHER LIVE MY LIFE

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life
as if there isn't, and die to find out there is."


This is a quote that I received in an email today. I find it interesting that it came today. But, for me, it just proves that God is very involved in our lives and knows how to affirm us if we allow Him to.


Last night I had dinner with two of my friends. On the way to the restaurant I was relishing in one of the rare moments of alone time with God. It's very difficult to find alone time when you have 5 kids- one of them being a 3-year-old.

The CD playing in the car was a compilation disc that I play quite often in the car. It is a variety of Petra songs.

My favorite Petra song is "Adonai". As I drove down the highway, singing along with the music, I began to visualize my Master speaking everything into existence. My minds eye saw Him speak the stars into existence, His majestic hand reaching out to place each star in its specific place. I saw Him become playful, smiling, because He "saw that it was good."

One of my favorite ways to worship God is in nature. No, I do not worship nature itself, but I smile because I see that "it is good". Adonai alone is worthy of my praise and worship.

All of nature cries out to Him. All things were made to worship God Almighty. It is such an honor and pleasure to me to know Him and worship Him.

When I read the quote that I opened with today it fit so perfect with my thoughts. I know that I am not wrong in my beliefs. I know without a shadow of a doubt that God IS real. I know that He alone created the heavens and the earth and all that is within, above and below. However, in the minuscule "chance" that I am wrong, I would much rather worship God in my life, and find out in my death that He does not exist than not worship Him and believe in Him in my life and find out in my death that He DOES exist.

Each of us are given a choice. I cannot make anyone believe in my Creator. My heart aches for those who do not believe in Him and know Him as their Savior. But we are all given free will.

Lord God, how I pray for those who do not know You. I truly cannot imagine my life without You. My Adonai, You are the Master of the earth and sky. You alone are worthy.

I continue to pray for Congresswoman Giffords. I cannot wait for the day she walks back onto the floor of Congress. What a day of rejoicing that will be!

I pray for this nation. Lord God, we need You desperately. I pray that hearts will be humbled before You. I pray that this nation will repent of her sins. I pray for our President. I pray for all elected leaders, that each of them will be safe. Protect them from harm. Humble each of them before You, that they will turn their eyes upon You and seek Your will for this country.

I pray for Israel. The entire world is coming against her. I know it is prophesied and will happen. I know You are in control. But I pray for Your chosen people.

I pray all of these things in the precious Name of Jesus Christ- Amen.

No comments: